Boronia Heights, a residential suburb, is between Mt Lindesay Highway and the Greenbank Military Camp, nine km south-west of Logan Central and 25 km south of central Brisbane. Until its urbanisation, Boronia Heights was part of Greenbank. It was named after the area’s first housing estate and gazetted as a place name in 1991. Boronia Heights is on upper tributaries of Scrubby Creek, along which there are linear reserves and the substantial Boronia Bushland reserve.
When housing developments began in the early 1980s, residents relied on the Park Ridge primary school (1895), and a shopping centre immediately to the east. A local shopping centre with a supermarket and 13 shops in Short Street was opened later. Boronia Heights primary school was opened in 1990, and Park Ridge high (just beyond Boronia Park’s south-east corner) opened the following year.
Boronia Heights has linear parks and the Boronia Bushland Reserve, an area of about half a kilometre square.
The census populations of Boronia Heights (in the pre-1980s including Greenbank) have been: