Your purchase now begins the conveyancing process which is formalised into two parts.
- The exchange of the contract of sale
- The settlement of the contract of sale
At this point, it is highly recommended to employ the services of a professional conveyancer or conveyance solicitor to ensure the process goes as smooth as possible.
They will help you with:
- Undertaking title searches to determine if there are any liens, restrictions, encumbrances, or taxes against the property.
- Meeting all special conditions in the contract of sale.
- Ensuring that council and water rates are up to date in payment and that any other rates are similarly paid and adjusted as needed.
- Paying any other fees or charges, including registration fees and stamp duty.
- Preparing all legal documents required to transfer the property’s title from the seller to the buyer.